Monday, March 24, 2008

updates

So I hear that we are supposed to keep up on these blog pages. Given that Jon has done all the blogs (as you have read these..., see what I live with....), I figure it is my turn to learn how to do this crazy thing. Since we have last written we have gone snow shoeing and ran some races.




When we got our dog many of our friends (Sarah!) said we would not be able to take him with us to do the outdoor things we like. Although our dog is 5lbs dripping wet he can still run with me up to 4 miles (and still beat me), go hiking/camping, and now we know he can snowshoe.



We just recently spent our Easter weekend running ourselves into the ground. I, with the encouragement of my crazy husband, ran my first trail race, a 25K run. My goal was not to be last and overall I was not; however, in my age group I was 6th out of 7, wahoo (that was a close one). Now a 25K (15 miles) sounds like alot (and IT WAS!!!) I cannot feel too bad for myself jon ran 50 miles he left 3 hours before me and came in 2 1/2 after me. All in all, it was a fun race, beautiful scenery, and we were not charged by the buffalo. The best part of the race is watching jon try to run, let alone walk, the day after.
Hope all is going well with everyone else.

2 comments:

Chy said...

you guys are CrAzY! but in a great way! Lori your AWESOME 15 miles is killer! and your husband is just... weird, can't say I have a burning desire to run that far! Tank- he's a little dog with a lot of heart! Love you guys! Now the goal is to blog again in the near furure!!!

Amy said...

So havn't checked this thing for a while but I am gald you updated. I'm sorry I didn't see you last time I was in Twin but I am going again in May and for sure we need to go too dinner or something. My email is barlowamy@yahoo.com so give me you number. I started to run too but I guess I pushed myself to hard (4miles) not a lot I know but now I have a stress fracture in my ankle ahhhh! Anyhow sorry for the long comment, have a great day. Amy