Thursday, January 17, 2008

Gambling.....a confession

I know there are a lot of people who are hooked on gambling for money. They think that a fortune awaits them with the next lottery ticket, roll of the dice, or pull of that lever thing on the slot machine. I'm actually not tempted to gamble for money, not since the Flaming Gorge trip of '98 at least. I felt good about losing money there because I knew my buddies were going to put it towards good causes.....suits, white shirts, ties, etc.
My problem is laying my dignity on the line. I'm not sure when it began, I believe it was at Bear Lake when Randy had to spend the night shivering on the cold ground without a blanket, pillow, or shirt. Since then, the gambling has been an ongoing theme whenever I get together some of the fellow bobcats. The gambling has taken Justin for a night jog in sub-zero temperatures down main street in Logan....twice. It has taken me skiing down the longest run at Beaver Mountain in just my swimsuit. It has also sent me into a convenience store in tight pink jeans and cowboy boots for a hot chocolate. Some other honorable mentions include Justin's climb of shame, Randy's swimming attire at raging waters, and Bruce having to sleep the night on a 3x5 coffee table up at Ricks.
I could go on about the other good times but my main purpose in writing the post is to get a list of some of the bets that haven't been cleared up as of yet. None of us would feel good about not paying up after losing a bet.
Here's the ones I can think of right away:
1. I've got to wear a handlebar mustache for 5 days. (that will have to wait until a vacation)
2. My Gateway Race for Humiliation run.
3. Justin and Randy have got to ski down Harry's dream in shorts and no shirt on a powder day.
4. Justin has got to ride the lift with a stranger without a shirt.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some....let me know.

Here's Bruce turning in for the night at Justin's place at Ricks. The card's just didn't care for him that night.

This was the attire (minus the shirt) I had to wear into a convenience store after the Utes lost a close one to BYU last year in overtime. I couldn't believe the looks I got, it was like nobody had seen a guy with pink pants go into a crowded gas station for a hot chocolate without a shirt in freezing-cold weather. Some lucky girls even got pictures of me as they drove off, I'm sure it was because I was looking just plain sexy.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Lori HI, it's me Amy (Cook) Barlow. I got you link from chy's blog. I can't belive you live in Twin that is were I was born and a lot of my family lives still. Scott and his wife live there. My dad owns Blacker's a furniture store downtown. Also what kind of therapist are you my stepsister Cherise had tramatic brain injury and still does a lot of different therapies. Anyhow sorry for the saga I will actually be visiting Twin on Feb 7th would love to see you and meet your husband. You look good hope you have a great day.

Woods: said...

Lori Ann Porter! Holy cow! I can't believe I have found you! It's so fun to see what you are up to! You are so adorable! Happily married and in Twin Falls!? Sounds like a blast! Keep in touch! Add me to your blog and yeah, keep posting!

Chy said...

Yo Wheelrights! so heres the thing with blogging, you actually need to do more than 2 posts so we can keep in tough and not to mention I love your posts they crack me up! hugs...Chy