Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nothing Special, Just an Update

I'm doing an update to further procrastinate some paperwork I should probably get done for work, oh well. We're doing well. I (Jon) started work at another clinic about 3 weeks ago. I miss some of the kids I was working with quite a bit, but I think the new place is a better fit for me overall. I'm in an orthopedic clinic, which is much more along the lines of what I'm interested in. I also spend a couple hours a week in home health and at an extended care center. The big downside is that Lori and I have to go 10 hours at a time without seeing each other. Needless to say, we both get a little emotional with each time we kiss each other good-bye every morning. There are some long, heart-wrenching embraces before we have to both go our separate ways. Lunches often involve tears. On the flip side, there is a precious reunion each evening when we both get home. It's all tender, I guess we'll just have to get used to it.
I think the huge news is that we finally got our couches. We were told we'd need to wait 2 weeks for them and got them a little over 9 weeks later. They aren't the most comfortable things in the world but they fit the living room pretty well.

Tank likes that they provide an excellent vantage point to make sure all is good in the neighborhood.

Lori completed the Sawtooth Relay a couple weeks ago for the second straight year. That's Suzie in the picture, she works over at the other clinic. She begged to be put on our blog. She said it would make her feel like a movie star. Here you go Suzie, you owe us big time. I think she already misses working with me.

This was at Squaw Peak, the toughest run I've done to date. You can't see the rain, but it was there.


Lots of mud and snow on top of the already rocky, steep course. I couldn't believe the snow coming down that morning. June isn't supposed to be like that. All that having been said, it was a very fun time. Almost 51 miles with over 14000 feet of ascent. I'm looking forward to going back next year.

Chilling at Vivian Park after a day of running. On a different note, does anybody else think it's high time for us to have a baby. We treat Tank far too well, he basically runs our house. Anyway, that's it for now......Later

14 comments:

Mindy Barker said...

Hey, my e-mail address is mindy_a_barker@yahoo.com. Can't wait to hear from you.

Chy said...

CHAAAA Yeah its time for a baby! I waiting. You would think with all these long embraces before and after work something would be happening:)Tell your wifee hi and I miss her! You guys need to visit again, its beautiful this time of year and lots of places to run.

Mindy Barker said...

Lori, why haven't you e-mailed me? I'll just wait patiently. You and your husband sound like you are truly in love. I liked the part where Jon wrote about not getting to see you for 10 hours. That is sooo sweet. Baby sounds good to me. You'll be a great mom!

Wendy said...

Loved the details of your reunion every night and baby...sound great! Good luck with your new job Jon! Wendy and the boys.

Chy said...

OK so Porter I need you to run a half Marathon with me inNovember, I keep thinking who can encourage me the whole way... yep its you!

The Sommer Family said...

Lori- it was so good to see you over the 4th. You look great and I miss being around you. Your so great! I know it's hard but if you are ever in IF and find yourself with nothing to do...give me a call!

Chy said...

Yo Porter it was GREAT to talk to you!!! Maybe you can come and watch the half marathon or drive next to me and crack the whip!!! Kidding only kidding:)Hows work going?

Mindy Barker said...

What's your e-mail address girl? Okay, I will quit bugging you. I tried calling you today. Hopefully one day I will hear back. I miss you! Hope everything is okay.

Chy said...

Yo Porter, whats shakin?

Beckie said...

Lori-- you are a nut!! Looks like you have a great time-- I kept searching other people's blogs trying to find one for you-- I haven't heard anything about you for years!! Looks like its all been fun!!

Email me sometime
cobbap@ida.net
Beckie Purcell!!

Chy said...

so Porter how are things.... just making sure your alive! Love ya:)

Anonymous said...

Lori! It's Julie! I found your blog! It looks like you guys are having a lot of fun! I am running the half- marathon with Chy in Boise. Are you in? We might have to come see you guys in T.F. sometime!
Jules

Chy said...

Sooo Porter ARE YOU ALIVE? Or maybe I should ask Jon. Jon is your wife alive? I just love her so much and wondering how she is:)

Evan and Amber said...

Hey Jon I emailed you because I don't have your phone number. I have checked for months often on this blog and nothing!!! Get to it, I would like to know what your up to.
Amber