Sunday, June 1, 2008

Our Vacation........in Twin Falls

We took this last week off from the stresses of work and shaving. I guess Lori shaved, just not me. It was nice. We were thinking of traveling a bit more than we did, perhaps back out to the coast, but decided to try to get some things done around the homestead. We ended up putting in 4 trees around the yard, and we feel that at least 2 of those are going to make it through the summer. We also did some house cleaning and organizing. As I put some blinds up on the windows upstairs, I had one of those harsh realizations that I am getting way too old and even a bit mature. We did end up having some fun though and made it out camping Friday night. We went on a loop out through Oakley, City of Rocks, Almo, and then back into Burley. It was beautiful down there. We'll add pictures, of course.

Looking for mischief in Oakley Idaho.....very pretty and quiet town.

Lori loves it when I have her set up camp in the dark while I practice my killer photography skills. We found out in the morning that we were camping on private property. Ya, we're basically outlaws.

Sexy

City of Rocks

Castle Rocks, it's got the same look as City of Rocks but with a big grass field in the middle.

4 comments:

Chy said...

Wow Jon I'm impressed you blogged 2 times in 1 month!!! Tell your wife Hi! If the law comes looking for you kids for camping on private property you can hid out at our house!

Evan and Amber said...

Hi Jon and Lori, I have to say when I read your posts I feel like I need to exercise! I hope you are still thinking about coming to see Alaska soon.

Audrey Squires said...

Ah, I love city of the rocks. I miss Idaho so bad. After looking at all your beautiful photos of Idaho with Lamont, we decided we are going to go on a road trip through Idaho this Fall. I'd really like to go up through the panhandle. It looks like you are so happy and doing what you love. That is the most important thing. You guys seem like me and my family.We love the outdoors and we absolutely still love rustic camping where you drive through bumpy dirt roads and settle on ground that is semi flat.That was such a great story about your camp trip.What kind of racing does your husband do? Good to hear from you. I will add you to my blog. thanks, audrey my blog is squiresjourney.blogspot.com

Mindy Barker said...

Hello there! Yes, we are going to IF for the 4th. We are planning on going to Chy's thing on the 5th. Maybe we can plan something for that night or the next day. We could go out to dinner with just the adults or something. I'm really excited to see you. It's been FOREVER! I miss you. Let me know what you think.