Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Moab 2009!!

Lori and I just got back from Moab last night. It was our last final getaway before the big day. We chose Moab first and foremost due to the fact that Lori had never been in the area before. A secondary and very minor factor was that there was a race down there that I wanted to run. It was a good time. We left early Friday morning and got down there at around 4:00 after stopping for a couple hours in Salt Lake and stopping to let Lori use a bathroom every other exit. I'm told it's a pregnancy thing. The race was tough but a lot of fun. The terrain was unlike anything I'd ever run. The key was constantly looking for the pink markers without forgetting to watch where you're stepping. Anyway, we ended up taking in a bit of Canyonlands and Arches for a couple days. Weather ended up being great and there weren't too many people down there.

Still feeling fresh 3 seconds into the race, it didn't last long.

This is Wilson Arch. Lori and I raced up to it. She lost even though I gave her a head start. Of course she played the "8 months pregnant card" as an excuse. She's using that for everything now.

I just don't understand the signs. I'm sure if they knew our pets, they would be fine with having them on the trail.

That's my wife pulling a George Costanza pose under Delicate Arch. We were the only ones up at the arch yesterday morning, kind of a rare thing.

This is Mesa Arch in Canyonlands.

Enjoying the sunset on the Colorado River. Lori may argue this, but I thought it was very good Valentines Day venue.



Lori hates heights, and she endured a lot of them this trip.
More about Lori: I was talking to friend during the race about how great wives are for letting us be involved in our crazy sport of ultrarunning. My wife is absolutely amazing and I probably don't give her enough credit for always supporting me in what I do. There's nobody else I would want to think about spending my crazy life with.

1 comment:

Evan and Amber said...

Hey it is a boy!!! I also think you are right that you got a catch with Lori. I love that you are updating your blog a little more that once a year. I tried your facebook thing and I don't think that I am technical enough for that.